January 31, 2011

Calf Acceptance

I am so excited and I just can't hide it! I just bought jeggings and boots and I think I like it! So what if I'm bursting in early 90's music. I just bought my first pair of boots that covered my calves. I'm not kidding. I guess that years of running, and modern & jazz dancing equals I am not comfortable with the size of my calves! Seriously after years of being ashamed that none of the tall skinny boots fit me, I finally found a pair I liked! No nothing crazy extravagant nor crazy expensive, but I landed on Steve Madden boots (photo above). I couldn't just stop there, of course I had to purchase the pants I was always fearing as well. I did a fist pump dance in the dressing room of Urban Outfitters when I could actually slip on these pants and not look like a walking quad muscle. Booooya! I was so happy with my purchase that I ended up texting a few friends, and also...wait for it...apparently my first boyfriend as well. I got a response back from from him about 5 minutes later "hey Mish, happy new year, thanks for the text about the boots, not sure what that was about but seems like you are in style these days!" Oh dear. Nice work Mish. I felt like Ron Burgundy "I just want to shout it from the roof top!" Whatever makes you happy! For me apparently it's wearing boots like normal people.

No comments:

Post a Comment