September 4, 2010

Your Eggo is Prego.

Let me first explain the symbolism of "Put it in my box" before everyone starts to wonder what kind of strange lady I am. No it doesn't mean what you think. We have friends of ours that my boyfriend introduced to me originally (about 5 years ago almost already) and they are absolutely fantastic & heartwarming. They are now expecting their first child & have moved to the burbs since we met them. They used to live in Lakeview off Southport, where we spent many a Saturday summer night drinking in their alley & playing "bags" (i.e. throwing a sandbag into a block of wood with a cut out on the top hole. it's three points to get it in and one point to throw it so it lands on the box). Basically, any of the lingo utilized while playing is just asking for a "that's what she said" joke or an awkward laugh here and there. Of course, I embraced this energy and nominated myself "Cornhole Cheerleader" of the year. I have a plethora of cheers, such as "put it in my box! woo!" (must be yelled in a peppy tone while performing an awkward dance move). We got such a kick out of it, it's become an inside joke. Thus, my writing it on the welcome chalk board note upon their arrival. I cannot wait for their baby to arrive! I can't wait to dress it in gingham J Crew pieces.

I made a special Lemonade Watermelon non alcoholic cocktail that I would certainly make again and blend in a cup of vodka or tequila. Ingredients below. It was fresh and delicious. Also, I found out that I really need a strainer for juices for future reference.

Ingredients:

2 lemons, quartered
1 cup fresh mint leave
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 medium seedless watermelon (about 9 pounds), rind removed, flesh cut into chunk
1 cup vodka (optional)

Directions: Squeeze lemons into a large pitcher; add squeezed lemon quarters. Add mint and sugar; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised and sugar is dissolved. In a blender, puree watermelon in batches until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher (you should have about 8 cups of juice). Stir to combine. Add vodka, if using; serve over ice.






No comments:

Post a Comment