December 20, 2010

Apples and Beets are Quite a Treat.


I don't know what it is, but I really seem to like beats. A LOT. They have always been a fan of mine, but I guess that I'm constantly reminded of how easy they are to make using pre-cooked and sealed beets from either Whole Foods (you'll find these usually near the fresh spices like Dill and Cilantro) or Trader Joe's (you'll find these containers right by the Edamame and pre-packed and sliced Butternut Squash). Doug likes when I make things with beets. That makes me happy because they are actually high in vitamin C and also have fiber & some protein in them, too.

Make the dressing first in a bowl. Cut everything else up & toss together. Cut the beets however you can without killing yourself like I do. I can't cut. Luckily, I received a gift card to the Chopping Block for a cutting course. I need it badly since I'm such a spazz. Try out the recipe, though, you'll love it. I also added in raisins and chopped pistachios at the end as well to see what it tasted like. Delish! I'm making this again for sure.

Beet Salad for Two:
2 packages beets from Trader Joe's
1 small handful goat cheese
2 small Macintosh apples
1 pinch dill

Dressing:
1/4 teaspoon pomegranate juice
1/2 teaspoon grain mustard
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
a few dashes of olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment