January 19, 2011

Scottie Pippen.

Last week I did two things that I normally don't do-I went to a Bulls game (thank you Christian's employers) and I also went to see Wicked (thank you, Katie, future sister in law, what a great Christmas gift!) two days later. Both places I went, Scottie Pippen was a member of the audience. What are the odds?

Before the Bulls game, we went to West End. I had one of the better turkey burgers in a long time. This was an all white meat burger with BRIE on it. Totally made the difference & tasted delicious with the Raisinetes that I had in my purse. Hah. My bridesmaid and co-worker, Kate, and I can boil down our basketball watching experience to one favorite thing-the Jr. Luvabulls. These adorable little 10 year old nuggets were jamming out on the court. I died. It was seriously precious. Doug won't stop asking me to audition for the regular Luvabulls because that is how I frequently spazz dance around the kitchen, but I wouldn't ever be caught dead in spandex on a basketball court with a sequined v-neck on. Sorry for partying.

Two days later, Scottie was spotted again, this time at the Cadillac Theater while Katie and I made our way to watch the musical "Wicked." Prior to that, we went to Hub 51. I ordered something I haven't ever ordered--the Brussels Sprouts with Manchengo Cheese. Man was it good, I highly recommend it. I always seem to find something new at Hub! I'm more excited each time that I visit there to have my engagement party in the Green Room on the first floor. I'm nervous for my parents to meet Doug's parents but excited about the venue, so that's all that matters, right? Hah. Back to "Wicked." This was the most hilarious play I have ever seen. Literally. Hilarious Plus the main character was a blonde Jew. YAY. Best. I was impressed by the sarcastic writing & characters developed in the play, and the experience was topped off by the chocolates we purchased at CVS and snuck into the theater!

Funny that Scottie was in both places. Who would have thought he liked musicals? We saw a limo after the show, it was probably his!

Cheers,
Mish

No comments:

Post a Comment