January 23, 2011

(the) Bear(s) (are) Down.


Ick. Terrible. Frustrated & exhausted. Sitting on my couch right now while Doug snores on my lap and I try to type over his head, after watching the Bears game today at Mahoney's on Ogden. I know that bar sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it was actually a great location of a pub not too far from my apartment (ahh, the joys of catching a cab when I'm in a rush, it never happens the way I want it to and I end up standing on the curb by myself talking to myself literally swearing under my breath until a cab comes my way). I went to the pub after a very productive (yet hungover) morning consisting of cleaning, Whole Foods shopping, run outdoors, and a trip to the steam room in my home that I've started to use this weekend. I really don't want to get sick & that's been helping me clear out my sinuses. I know you all care so much about that, so I'll just spare you the details of the type of facial mask I wore in the heat, etc. I felt better that I had gone grocery shopping so was able to have healthy food in my purse. I did the same thing the weekend prior (lovely photo above) when I was at Mickey's on Clark. I would rather not spend $50.00 to $70.00 on unhealthy food to throw away my workout! I know, I sound nuts to you I'm sure. I just like being healthy and not spending money on things I don't want to (like an unhealthy pizza or sandwich) when I could just spend a little more time to buy fresh produce at Whole Foods. I'm slightly depressed that someone stole that helmet (which I stole from a frat house at University of Illinois, of course, but that's hardly the point! I want it back!).

Last weekend's win was a tease, as the game today was terrible. It was a mess. We went through 3 quarterbacks, the first two barely seemed to play. I will refrain from talking smack about the two of them, but will just say that I think I'd like to see a little more "heart" from players of their caliber, rather than someone who just gives up. That's all. I'd like to discuss Caleb Hanie. What a cool kid. Third back up quarterback, Colorado State player (which I learned today), and seemed to be someone completely hands on and positive. He was exactly what we needed at the end of the game. Sad that our third backup would be better than our first string quarterback. Enough said. Hanie rocked. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to win, which was a huge disappointment of course. I was really stressed out at the end of the game. Just went I thought it to be closer of a game, the Packers intercepted the ball. It was pretty miserable, not going to lie.

Luckily, we went to Big Star after the game was over, and had a hilarious cab drive (after waiting 25 minutes in the numbing cold without a hat on--excellent) there including seeing a man standing on the off ramp from the highway next to a cab with its blinkers on, while he threw up on the side of the road. Of course we shouted "go BEARS" out the window for good measure.

Big Star was the perfect end to the night. It made me remember the struggles of being a Chicago sports fan. It's never easy!

I'm watching the Steelers game right now, and they are playing the Jets. I really want the Steelers to win, given my background as a Pittsburgh girl!

Maybe next year, Bears!

Mish



No comments:

Post a Comment