October 26, 2010

Just Like Mom.

My mom is a dietitian. She has been my whole life. Translation = Everything I ate as a child had wheat germ in it, I never had butter nor bacon until I started college, and most importantly in this day and age, I have an appreciation for eating healthy (minus my slight sweet tooth/ wine addiction--hey I'm only human!). I'm constantly trying to create things that I know are both healthy and tasty, which really does make me enjoy it that much more. I know it's kind of strange, but it's just the way I was raised. (Thanks Doug for warming up to the idea that the sound of a meat casing snapping under your teeth makes me flinch in disgust). Inspired by a hot beverage at Protein Bar (that I ordered and when I realized it wasn't a chilled beverage, I threw it out) with pumpkin flavoring. Introducing the Mish Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.

Pumpkin Protein Shake Ingredients:
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Fat Free Pumpkin Puree
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 pinch (more if you like the flavoring) Cinnamon
1 pinch (more if you like the flavoring) Nutmeg
1/2 Scoop Low Fat Soy Vanilla Protein Powder (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1 pinch Splenda (because I put this in everything since I have a sweet tooth)
ice cubes

BLEND.
ENJOY.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment