February 9, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

I have been feeling like I'm eating like a trucker the past few days and was compelled to open up my "Power Foods" book that I read about from Whole Living (Martha Stewart's healthy step child-that woman is a genius for the various facets of topics that she dabbles in, including weddings, eating healthy & unhealthy for that matter, crafts, pets, you name it). I enjoyed a fresh papaya endive crab salad with a ginger lime dressing. I love shopping for new veggies and ingredients at Whole Foods. I love grocery stores. I always have. Ingredients are below. Give this a whirl. I know it sounds like a strange mixture of ingredients, but don't be shy. It's very fresh tasting! I made this along with the second run at the risotto style barley (which came out twice as good as the first time when I left the cauliflower in the oven 5 minutes longer and also toasted the barley for 5 minutes longer before cooking it).

3 radishes sliced thinly
2 endives pitted and sliced in thin strips
1/2 a papaya, insides scooped out and sliced into chunks
1 can white crab
salt & pepper
2 limes
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1 tiny pinch truvia
1 teaspoon grated ginger

Squeeze limes into a bowl. Add in oil and sugar. Whisk. Add in ginger. Then add in all sliced ingredients and toss, mixing in the crab. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment