February 6, 2011

Snowtorious BIG


I barely remember a snow day when I was younger, certainly don't remember having a snow day since I have worked in the city, so this past is definitely one to remember. Tuesday night of this past week, we experienced THUNDERSNOW, which was pretty amusing to me (but nothing compared to Doug or mostly any male figure that I know, who found this pretty awesome for an unknown reason) and blizzard like conditions. On top of the storm, I was sick last week and no food sounded good except for cookies, I made pumpkin cookies (they are barely cookies because they are so healthy) for munch on last night and while I worked from home Wednesday and Thursday in bunny slippers like Val Kilmer from Real Genius. Recipe below. Enjoy and stay warm!

1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar (I used Whole Foods sugar with zero calories)
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup Greek yogurt, non fat
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the pumpkin, sugar and applesauce. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then add to the pumpkin, mixing well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment