December 3, 2010

I Feel the Need for Greens.


Just like in Top Gun when they "felt the need for speed," I needed some healthy vegetables to be added to my diet after a carbohydrate and wine heavy chunk of days. Doug and I made a delicious meal on Monday after Thanksgiving weekend. It literally took 15 minutes from start to finish. Exactly what you are looking for after a long weekend of eating and traveling (in Doug's case). I picked him up from the airport on Sunday night blasting Amy Grant Christmas (specifically Emanuel of course, my favorite) and was in a good mood about the holiday season upon us. I wanted to keep that happy streak going with some tasty food, so got the groceries covered ahead of time and planned out a few days prior. I wanted to have something healthy and light ready to go after work. It was exactly what I needed and I'll certainly make this recipe again! I loved the chickpeas with the fish. It was hearty yet light.
  • 4 4-ounce pieces halibut
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 8 cups mixed greens
  • 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Over medium heat on a skillet with some olive oil or cooking spray, let both sides cook. I recommend Whole Foods Halibut. Cook the fish, covered, until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. I also added in grain mustard too (about 1/2 a tablespoon) because I like the consistency of that. Toss the dressing with the mixed greens, chickpeas, avocado, and onion. Divide among plates, top with the fish, and pour yourself a glass of wine.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Mish

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I making this recipe this week....minus the cilantro of course (sorry Doug) :)

    ReplyDelete