December 12, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes & Chocolate Milk


I got up, finished cleaning what I had tackled while drunk the night before (sporting a snowsuit and doing body rolls to Michael Jackson music), and made whole grain pumpkin pancakes. Last night, Doug and I hosted MalcaPlooza at our home. It was for Katie's 26th birthday (which is officially on Wednesday of this week). Recipe is below. I love chocolate milk when I'm hungover, too. I've just finished my 3rd glass. I use almond milk and Lite Hershey's Syrup. It's fricking amazeballs.

1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Pancake Mix
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
3 Tablespoons Egg Whites (Egg Beaters work)
4 Tablespoons Organic Pancake Puree (Trader Joe's has some good stuff)
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Splenda Brown Sugar

Pour it out in your initials like your mom used to do. That's what I did this morning. Then I ate the pancakes while I watched Father of the Bride, texted my friend Kim, and cried at the father/daughter relationship in regards to the wedding since I'm going through a similar situation now (and my dad is just like George Banks, but Jewish).

No comments:

Post a Comment