December 18, 2010

Cruisin for a Boozin

Ahoy Mate!

I was given the privilege of boarding a holiday booze cruise which took off from Navy Pier. Along with me were three fantastic and smart women that I am honored to work with. We boarded the Odyssey at roughly 12:45pm and it took off "into sea" (Lake Michigan) at around 1:15pm. By that time, I'm pretty sure that I may have already been slightly intoxicated, no big deal. I don't know what it is with white wine during the day, it seriously messes with my head. Especially white wine. I also discovered that I think that I am a candidate for motion sickness. It runs in the family I'm pretty sure, so it only seems logical that it wasn't the pinot talking, but instead, that I tend to get a little woosey when we were, for example, in the "bridge" (what I thought was the cockpit because I know absolutely nothing about boats), I grabbed my co-worker's arm and literally thought that I was going to puke. That certainly didn't stop my asking if there were any extra captain's hats around (which of course there were and I repeatedly mentioned that it was the best day of my life and did a little bit of drunk dancing wearing one of those heavy things). The food was pretty tasty, and I LOVED the marshmallows, as can be seen in one of the photos below (who said dessert couldn't necessarily consist of mac and cheese with some puffy white sugar on the side, eh?). Another photo is a nice (partially blurry) one of my doing the electric slide. Man I love that dance. It was like a permanent bat mitzvah on that boat! Happy holidays!


Cheers,
Mish







No comments:

Post a Comment