November 18, 2010

I'm in Love with a Template.



After reading Martha Stewart Living (one of my bibles) while on the treadmill this morning (what is better motivation for a nice 4 mile run than reading cake recipes for the holidays?) I realized that it was the time of year when Martha's Microsoft Office Templates are now ready for use on her site. Laugh all you want, but I've literally been excited about this since her Summer 2010 issue when there was a notice about Templates "coming soon" for the holiday season. To best represent my excitement, I'd be lying if I said I didn't just run around the office with my print outs from Power Point showing the adorable initialed orange-ish coloring Thanksgiving palette table plate labels I'm going to use for my Thanksgiving spread with the family. "J" is for my brother, Jon.

I am way too excited for this. Check out this Custom Template
on the site now to try it for yourself. For the first time, I don't need to know Photoshop or InDesign (which, by the way, are also on my list of things to learn in 2011, which would also most likely mean I'll need to buy a Mac.....along with my money tree...). Molly is letting me use her sticker-maker. That way, I can now adhere my labels to the mini Frango Mint boxes I purchased last week at Macy's (it's not a holiday without Frango Mints). I plan to set the table with a box of chocolates on each family member's plate, with their initial on it. So cute right? I'm overly excited. I am now happy for the next week with this project. Now all I need to do is find the Gingham paper that goes with the table-scape I'm creating. JoAnne fabrics, here we come! I'll keep you posted as I develop the look and feel (and Menu!) for Thanksgiving on my new dining room table!

Martha also informs about place cards, holiday shopping lists, and coaster templates, too. Very neat. Thanks Martha! (Shout out to Martha Heun, too, because I know she is a super crafty lady herself who would appreciate these projects that I engage myself in!).

Cheers,
Mish

No comments:

Post a Comment